Aamir`s ban not lifted yet, says ICC
Islamabad: Contrary to previous reports, the International Cricket Council (ICC) has denied that the ban has been lifted on Pakistan pacer Mohammad Aamir and that he has been allowed to play domestic cricket.
It had been reported in the media that the ICC has officially informed the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) about permitting Aamir to play domestic cricket, the Daily Times reports.
However, an ICC official dismissed the reports, saying that even though the international governing body may reconsider its decision or continue to stick to its previous decision regarding Aamir this October, however, no such decision has been taken yet.
Meanwhile, acting PCB chairman Najam Sethi has said that he is seeking ICC`s favour in Aamir`s case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video