Aamir`s ban not lifted yet, says ICC
Islamabad: Contrary to previous reports, the International Cricket Council (ICC) has denied that the ban has been lifted on Pakistan pacer Mohammad Aamir and that he has been allowed to play domestic cricket.
It had been reported in the media that the ICC has officially informed the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) about permitting Aamir to play domestic cricket, the Daily Times reports.
However, an ICC official dismissed the reports, saying that even though the international governing body may reconsider its decision or continue to stick to its previous decision regarding Aamir this October, however, no such decision has been taken yet.
Meanwhile, acting PCB chairman Najam Sethi has said that he is seeking ICC`s favour in Aamir`s case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan