Aaron and Patel are India’s best fast bowling hopes: Ian Pont
Islamabad: One of the most accomplished fast bowling coaches in the modern era Ian Pont, believes Varun Aaron and Harshal Patel are India’s two most talented quick bowlers.
Pont believes Aaron has the speed to become one of the fiercest fast bowlers in international cricket, whereas Patel has a brilliant out swinger to his credit.
During an interview with PakPassion.net, Pont was asked who according to him were India’s biggest bowling hopes, to which he replied: “He``s (Aaron) shown a great deal of promise. And apart from getting smoked for 63 off 4 overs in an IPL match, he appears to have decent control. T20 is a lottery though, but it is a test of how well you can think and then change what you are doing. He missed his yorker lengths badly sometimes, but clearly has pace (150 kph)”
“One lad I am working with, Harshal Patel of RCB, has tremendous swing away and bowls good lengths, but doesn`t have Aaron’s pace. If Aaron can learn to hit his spot, then he will cause some major problems,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog