Aaron and Patel are India’s best fast bowling hopes: Ian Pont
Islamabad: One of the most accomplished fast bowling coaches in the modern era Ian Pont, believes Varun Aaron and Harshal Patel are India’s two most talented quick bowlers.
Pont believes Aaron has the speed to become one of the fiercest fast bowlers in international cricket, whereas Patel has a brilliant out swinger to his credit.
During an interview with PakPassion.net, Pont was asked who according to him were India’s biggest bowling hopes, to which he replied: “He``s (Aaron) shown a great deal of promise. And apart from getting smoked for 63 off 4 overs in an IPL match, he appears to have decent control. T20 is a lottery though, but it is a test of how well you can think and then change what you are doing. He missed his yorker lengths badly sometimes, but clearly has pace (150 kph)”
“One lad I am working with, Harshal Patel of RCB, has tremendous swing away and bowls good lengths, but doesn`t have Aaron’s pace. If Aaron can learn to hit his spot, then he will cause some major problems,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot