Aaron and Patel are India’s best fast bowling hopes: Ian Pont
Islamabad: One of the most accomplished fast bowling coaches in the modern era Ian Pont, believes Varun Aaron and Harshal Patel are India’s two most talented quick bowlers.
Pont believes Aaron has the speed to become one of the fiercest fast bowlers in international cricket, whereas Patel has a brilliant out swinger to his credit.
During an interview with PakPassion.net, Pont was asked who according to him were India’s biggest bowling hopes, to which he replied: “He``s (Aaron) shown a great deal of promise. And apart from getting smoked for 63 off 4 overs in an IPL match, he appears to have decent control. T20 is a lottery though, but it is a test of how well you can think and then change what you are doing. He missed his yorker lengths badly sometimes, but clearly has pace (150 kph)”
“One lad I am working with, Harshal Patel of RCB, has tremendous swing away and bowls good lengths, but doesn`t have Aaron’s pace. If Aaron can learn to hit his spot, then he will cause some major problems,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh