Aaron Finch scores highest individual score in T20 internationals
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Southampton: Aaron Finch was in a devastating mood in the first T20 international against England as he clobbered 156 runs off just 63 balls on Thursday.
The right-hander’s record brutal knock had eleven boundaries and 14 sixes as he surpassed Brendon McCullum’s highest individual score (123) in T20 internationals.
Finch first added 114 runs with Shaun Marsh for the second wicket which was followed by 101-run partnership with Shane Watson before he was finally bowled by Jade Dernbach in the 17th over of the innings.
With the help of this knock, Australia posted a mammoth score of 248/6. It was another record as it became the second highest team total in T20 internationals after Sri Lanka’s 260/6 against Kenya, a feat they achieved in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: India's losses due to AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Security beefed in Manipur areas after three murders
- Ability to smell food through mouth may decline with age
- Transplantation along highways could be linked to NREGA: Minister
- 8 die of sunstroke as heat wave continues in Odisha
- IPL 2016, Match 23: Chris Morris' 82 off 32 not enough for Delhi; Gujarat win by 1 run