Aaron Finch scores highest individual score in T20 internationals
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Southampton: Aaron Finch was in a devastating mood in the first T20 international against England as he clobbered 156 runs off just 63 balls on Thursday.
The right-hander’s record brutal knock had eleven boundaries and 14 sixes as he surpassed Brendon McCullum’s highest individual score (123) in T20 internationals.
Finch first added 114 runs with Shaun Marsh for the second wicket which was followed by 101-run partnership with Shane Watson before he was finally bowled by Jade Dernbach in the 17th over of the innings.
With the help of this knock, Australia posted a mammoth score of 248/6. It was another record as it became the second highest team total in T20 internationals after Sri Lanka’s 260/6 against Kenya, a feat they achieved in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry