Aaron Finch scores highest individual score in T20 internationals
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Southampton: Aaron Finch was in a devastating mood in the first T20 international against England as he clobbered 156 runs off just 63 balls on Thursday.
The right-hander’s record brutal knock had eleven boundaries and 14 sixes as he surpassed Brendon McCullum’s highest individual score (123) in T20 internationals.
Finch first added 114 runs with Shaun Marsh for the second wicket which was followed by 101-run partnership with Shane Watson before he was finally bowled by Jade Dernbach in the 17th over of the innings.
With the help of this knock, Australia posted a mammoth score of 248/6. It was another record as it became the second highest team total in T20 internationals after Sri Lanka’s 260/6 against Kenya, a feat they achieved in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das