AB de Villiers praises bowlers for their brilliant show
Johannesburg: South Africa captain AB de Villiers has praised his bowlers for their brilliant performance during their six-wicket win over Pakistan in Benoni on Sunday, which also handed them the series 3-2.
De Villiers said it is difficult to single out an individual bowler because he believes what won them the game was their partnerships.
De Villiers added although Ryan McLaren took three wickets, Robin Peterson and Farhaan Behardien got massive wickets, which changed the rhythm of the game and the pattern of play for them.
Winning the five-match ODI Series 3-2, De Villiers said he was pleased with the team`s performance as a whole as it had been difficult batting in the latter half of the match.
De Villiers also praised the middle order and said he was pleased with the way both Farhaan Behardien and David Miller had come in and played positive cricket, looking at home at the crease.
Named man-of-the- series as the leading run-scorer with 367 runs, De Villiers made a century in one game and three half-centuries including his 95 not out in Benoni, and he said he was enjoying his batting and trying to keep things simple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video