AB de Villiers praises bowlers for their brilliant show
Johannesburg: South Africa captain AB de Villiers has praised his bowlers for their brilliant performance during their six-wicket win over Pakistan in Benoni on Sunday, which also handed them the series 3-2.
De Villiers said it is difficult to single out an individual bowler because he believes what won them the game was their partnerships.
De Villiers added although Ryan McLaren took three wickets, Robin Peterson and Farhaan Behardien got massive wickets, which changed the rhythm of the game and the pattern of play for them.
Winning the five-match ODI Series 3-2, De Villiers said he was pleased with the team`s performance as a whole as it had been difficult batting in the latter half of the match.
De Villiers also praised the middle order and said he was pleased with the way both Farhaan Behardien and David Miller had come in and played positive cricket, looking at home at the crease.
Named man-of-the- series as the leading run-scorer with 367 runs, De Villiers made a century in one game and three half-centuries including his 95 not out in Benoni, and he said he was enjoying his batting and trying to keep things simple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL