AB de Villiers praises bowlers for their brilliant show
Johannesburg: South Africa captain AB de Villiers has praised his bowlers for their brilliant performance during their six-wicket win over Pakistan in Benoni on Sunday, which also handed them the series 3-2.
De Villiers said it is difficult to single out an individual bowler because he believes what won them the game was their partnerships.
De Villiers added although Ryan McLaren took three wickets, Robin Peterson and Farhaan Behardien got massive wickets, which changed the rhythm of the game and the pattern of play for them.
Winning the five-match ODI Series 3-2, De Villiers said he was pleased with the team`s performance as a whole as it had been difficult batting in the latter half of the match.
De Villiers also praised the middle order and said he was pleased with the way both Farhaan Behardien and David Miller had come in and played positive cricket, looking at home at the crease.
Named man-of-the- series as the leading run-scorer with 367 runs, De Villiers made a century in one game and three half-centuries including his 95 not out in Benoni, and he said he was enjoying his batting and trying to keep things simple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway