AB de Villiers to bat at No 4 during Sri Lanka tour
Johannesburg: South African captain AB de Villiers would open the T20 batting line-up and bat at No 4 position in ODIs, in a development confirmed on Sunday ahead of the tour of Sri Lanka.
According to sport24, De Villiers revealed that South Africa would have a more constant batting order with him batting at No 4, a few hours before their departure for Sri Lanka on Sunday night.
The report said that De Villiers had floated around the batting order in recent years and there was a likely end to it as the South Africans went on their first assignment under new head coach Russell Domingo.
The captain said that South Africa had played around a bit with the batting order because of circumstances in some games, but there were a lot of batsmen in the squad who were waiting to get into the top-order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges
- 21kg tumor removed from 61-year-old man at Gurgaon hospital
- `Very difficult` for Bastian Schweinsteiger to play at Manchester United: Jose Mourinho
- Europa League draw: Manchester United set for Robin van Persie reunion