AB de Villiers to bat at No 4 during Sri Lanka tour
Johannesburg: South African captain AB de Villiers would open the T20 batting line-up and bat at No 4 position in ODIs, in a development confirmed on Sunday ahead of the tour of Sri Lanka.
According to sport24, De Villiers revealed that South Africa would have a more constant batting order with him batting at No 4, a few hours before their departure for Sri Lanka on Sunday night.
The report said that De Villiers had floated around the batting order in recent years and there was a likely end to it as the South Africans went on their first assignment under new head coach Russell Domingo.
The captain said that South Africa had played around a bit with the batting order because of circumstances in some games, but there were a lot of batsmen in the squad who were waiting to get into the top-order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’