New Delhi: With his swashbuckling style of play, South African skipper AB de Villiers is widely regarded as the most dangerous batsmen across formats.
As AB turns 32 today, here are 10 amazing facts you must know about him:
1) AB de Villiers has the record for the fastest 50 in ODIs – off 16 balls vs West Indies at Johannesburg in 2015.
2) AB de Villiers has the record for the fastest 100 in ODIs – off 31 balls vs West Indies at Johannesburg in 2015.
3) AB de Villiers has the record for the fastest 150 in ODIs – off 64 balls vs West Indies at Sydney in 2015.
4) Surprisingly, in T20Is, AB is not even in top 10 in the list of fastest 50 scored by batsmen.
5) AB also holds the record for the fastest fifty hit by a South African in Tests – off 75 balls vs India at Centurion in 2010/11.
6) The South African skipper is the three time ICC ODI player of the year having won the award in 2010, 2014 and 2015.
7) With 184 sixes, AB is at eighth position in the list of batsmen who have hit maximum sixes in ODIs.
8) In Tests, ODIs and T20Is combined, AB is at sixth position with 273 sixes in the list of batsmen who have hit maximum sixes.
9) He also holds a rather unwanted record for most ducks (4) in a particular ODI series (2007 Cricket World Cup). He shares this record with Greg Chappell and Kyle McCallan (who also achieved this in the 2007 Cricket World Cup).
10) He equaled the record of most sixes (16) in an innings in ODIs along with Rohit Sharma and Chris Gayle against the West Indies at Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg on 18 January 2015.