‘Abandoned’ Proteas leggie Tahir determined to make Test comeback
Cape Town: ‘Abandoned’ Proteas leg spinner Imran Tahir has said there is ‘no chance’ of ‘throwing in the towel’ and giving up his international ambitions.
Tahir’s comments came after his impressive performance for the Highveld Lions over the weekend.
According to the supersport.com website, Tahir displayed superb form by taking 12-106 in 51.1 overs against the Sunfoil Dolphins in Durban.
After his man of the match performance against the Dolphins, Tahir said that there was no chance that he will give up on getting back in the Proteas side, news24 reports.
Tahir was kicked out by the national selectors for the current series against New Zealand after his horrible performance against Australia in Adelaide in November.
He did admit that returning to the Proteas ranks may take some time with his immediate focus being on getting back to his best with the Lions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'