‘Abandoned’ Proteas leggie Tahir determined to make Test comeback
Cape Town: ‘Abandoned’ Proteas leg spinner Imran Tahir has said there is ‘no chance’ of ‘throwing in the towel’ and giving up his international ambitions.
Tahir’s comments came after his impressive performance for the Highveld Lions over the weekend.
According to the supersport.com website, Tahir displayed superb form by taking 12-106 in 51.1 overs against the Sunfoil Dolphins in Durban.
After his man of the match performance against the Dolphins, Tahir said that there was no chance that he will give up on getting back in the Proteas side, news24 reports.
Tahir was kicked out by the national selectors for the current series against New Zealand after his horrible performance against Australia in Adelaide in November.
He did admit that returning to the Proteas ranks may take some time with his immediate focus being on getting back to his best with the Lions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dalit youth beaten, urinated upon in Bihar, says FIR
- Lok Sabha Speaker calls Bhagwant Mann video of Parliament security 'serious', hints action is coming
- Himachal sees 26 percent deficit rainfall
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana
- UK adds Pak-based Chinese Islamic group to terror list