‘Abandoned’ Proteas leggie Tahir determined to make Test comeback
Cape Town: ‘Abandoned’ Proteas leg spinner Imran Tahir has said there is ‘no chance’ of ‘throwing in the towel’ and giving up his international ambitions.
Tahir’s comments came after his impressive performance for the Highveld Lions over the weekend.
According to the supersport.com website, Tahir displayed superb form by taking 12-106 in 51.1 overs against the Sunfoil Dolphins in Durban.
After his man of the match performance against the Dolphins, Tahir said that there was no chance that he will give up on getting back in the Proteas side, news24 reports.
Tahir was kicked out by the national selectors for the current series against New Zealand after his horrible performance against Australia in Adelaide in November.
He did admit that returning to the Proteas ranks may take some time with his immediate focus being on getting back to his best with the Lions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!