‘Abandoned’ Proteas leggie Tahir determined to make Test comeback
Cape Town: ‘Abandoned’ Proteas leg spinner Imran Tahir has said there is ‘no chance’ of ‘throwing in the towel’ and giving up his international ambitions.
Tahir’s comments came after his impressive performance for the Highveld Lions over the weekend.
According to the supersport.com website, Tahir displayed superb form by taking 12-106 in 51.1 overs against the Sunfoil Dolphins in Durban.
After his man of the match performance against the Dolphins, Tahir said that there was no chance that he will give up on getting back in the Proteas side, news24 reports.
Tahir was kicked out by the national selectors for the current series against New Zealand after his horrible performance against Australia in Adelaide in November.
He did admit that returning to the Proteas ranks may take some time with his immediate focus being on getting back to his best with the Lions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra