‘Abandoned’ Proteas leggie Tahir determined to make Test comeback
Cape Town: ‘Abandoned’ Proteas leg spinner Imran Tahir has said there is ‘no chance’ of ‘throwing in the towel’ and giving up his international ambitions.
Tahir’s comments came after his impressive performance for the Highveld Lions over the weekend.
According to the supersport.com website, Tahir displayed superb form by taking 12-106 in 51.1 overs against the Sunfoil Dolphins in Durban.
After his man of the match performance against the Dolphins, Tahir said that there was no chance that he will give up on getting back in the Proteas side, news24 reports.
Tahir was kicked out by the national selectors for the current series against New Zealand after his horrible performance against Australia in Adelaide in November.
He did admit that returning to the Proteas ranks may take some time with his immediate focus being on getting back to his best with the Lions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!