ABC prez Manoj Tiwari seeks BCCI affiliation
Patna: Newly-elected president of the Association of Bihar Cricket (ABC) Manoj Tiwari on Monday urged the BCCI to grant affiliation to his outfit, saying it fulfilled all parameters required for the purpose.
The future of budding cricketers of Bihar is on stake due to an absence of an authorised body to run the affairs here, he told reporters soon after being re-elected to the post of the ABC president for yet another one-year term at the 11th general body meeting.
The Bihar Cricket Association (BCA) has done nothing to promote the game in the state despite getting affiliation from the BCCI for five years, Tiwari said and charged the parallel body for corruption and misuse of funds.
Stating that the ABC was the rightful claimant for affiliation, its newly-elected president claimed that the BCCI`s attitude towards it has undergone a visible change for good and the national body will sympathetically consider its case for affiliation in order to promote cricket in Bihar.
Tiwari hailed a legislation enacted by the Bihar government to usher in transparency and accountability in administration of various sports in the state and said that the ABC will fulfil all requirements mandated by the state government and the BCCI and run the organisation in a transparent manner.
The ABC has been organising district and local level cricket tournaments for the cricketers in Bihar and proposed to hold four tournaments in senior and junior categories this season, Tiwari said.
The ABC general body also elected Mithilesh Tiwari as the general secretary, JD(U) MP Sabir Ali as senior Vice-President, Narendra Kumar Singh, Anil Kumar Singh and Nitin Kumar Yadav as the Vice-President and Anand Dwivedi as treasurer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31