Abhishek Nayar equals world record with 17-ball over
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: All-rounder Abhishek Nayar created history for wrong reasons as he bowled a 17-ball over against South Zone in the semifinals of the Deodhar Trophy at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Guwahati.
The match was being played at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Guwahati and Nayar scalped a wicket off the first ball of the over as he bowled GH Vihari. Dinesh Karthik scored a couple off the next ball and the third ball was called wide, a decision which wasn’t appreciated by Nayar. The umpire rejected a lbw appeal off the next ball and then began the barrage of wide deliveries.
Nayar, playing for North Zone in the final of the Deodhar Trophy which they won by five wickets, ended bowling 10 wides and a no ball in that over.
"These things happen. I had a bad day and I was not provoked by the umpire`s call," Nayar told a leading daily.
Pakistani pacer Mohammad Sami holds the record in ODIs, with his famous 17-ball over against Bangladesh in an Asia Cup match in 2004.
West Zone won the game with nine overs remaining as Nayar ended with figures of 7-0-49-2 with two crucial wickets of Hanuma Vihari and CM Gautam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!