Accused in IPL betting case arrested
Chennai: An accused in the IPL betting case Sanjay Kumar Bafna, against whom a lookout notice had been issued by the police was arrested here on Monday, sources said.
Bafna`s anticipatory bail application was on Friday last adjourned by the Madras High Court to May 29.
Another accused Prashant was produced at a local court here on completion of three day police custody.
Meanwhile, police said they are also on a lookout for a Chennai based hotelier in connection with the case.
City police on May 17 busted the betting racket involving IPL matches with the arrest of six bookies and recovered Rs 14 lakh in cash, a day after three Rajasthan Royal cricketers, including pacer S Sreesanth were arrested in the spot-fixing scandal.
Later, police had arrested six more bookies from Coimbatore and Tirupur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state