Acid test for Indian seamers in South Africa
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: In the high profile series between India and South Africa, stakes would be at an all time high. Indian team is on a roll. As far as their ODI performance is concerned, they have emerged triumphant in all the six ODI tournaments they have played this year. But their last tour of this year to the rainbow nation would be a litmus test for Team India.
It would not only test the in-form Indian top order in the three-match ODI series -- starting from December 5th -- but also the Indian seamers on those swift and bouncy tracks.
Presence of mentor Zaheer Khan in tour would definitely give the young seamers a much needed boost. But from Umesh Yadav to Bhuvneshwar Kumar all the seamers have to learn and get accustomed to these conditions as it’s comparatively quite a short series.
Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav who can clock over 140 consistently can get some more assistance from the deck but they have to make sure that they bowl on right channels. On the other, bowlers like Bhuvneshwar, Ishant Sharma and Mohit Sharma have to be more accurate with their line and length as they might get a decent seam movement, which would be difficult to handle for them at times. So, control would be the key to success for the bowlers in these seam and bouncy tracks.
Though Zaheer will surely guide these lads with his rich experience but he definitely can’t bowl for them. And ODI performance can make or break the confidence of Indian team which will be followed by the two-match Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday