Acid test for Indian seamers in South Africa
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: In the high profile series between India and South Africa, stakes would be at an all time high. Indian team is on a roll. As far as their ODI performance is concerned, they have emerged triumphant in all the six ODI tournaments they have played this year. But their last tour of this year to the rainbow nation would be a litmus test for Team India.
It would not only test the in-form Indian top order in the three-match ODI series -- starting from December 5th -- but also the Indian seamers on those swift and bouncy tracks.
Presence of mentor Zaheer Khan in tour would definitely give the young seamers a much needed boost. But from Umesh Yadav to Bhuvneshwar Kumar all the seamers have to learn and get accustomed to these conditions as it’s comparatively quite a short series.
Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav who can clock over 140 consistently can get some more assistance from the deck but they have to make sure that they bowl on right channels. On the other, bowlers like Bhuvneshwar, Ishant Sharma and Mohit Sharma have to be more accurate with their line and length as they might get a decent seam movement, which would be difficult to handle for them at times. So, control would be the key to success for the bowlers in these seam and bouncy tracks.
Though Zaheer will surely guide these lads with his rich experience but he definitely can’t bowl for them. And ODI performance can make or break the confidence of Indian team which will be followed by the two-match Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM