Acid test for Indian seamers in South Africa
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: In the high profile series between India and South Africa, stakes would be at an all time high. Indian team is on a roll. As far as their ODI performance is concerned, they have emerged triumphant in all the six ODI tournaments they have played this year. But their last tour of this year to the rainbow nation would be a litmus test for Team India.
It would not only test the in-form Indian top order in the three-match ODI series -- starting from December 5th -- but also the Indian seamers on those swift and bouncy tracks.
Presence of mentor Zaheer Khan in tour would definitely give the young seamers a much needed boost. But from Umesh Yadav to Bhuvneshwar Kumar all the seamers have to learn and get accustomed to these conditions as it’s comparatively quite a short series.
Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav who can clock over 140 consistently can get some more assistance from the deck but they have to make sure that they bowl on right channels. On the other, bowlers like Bhuvneshwar, Ishant Sharma and Mohit Sharma have to be more accurate with their line and length as they might get a decent seam movement, which would be difficult to handle for them at times. So, control would be the key to success for the bowlers in these seam and bouncy tracks.
Though Zaheer will surely guide these lads with his rich experience but he definitely can’t bowl for them. And ODI performance can make or break the confidence of Indian team which will be followed by the two-match Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?