Acid test for Indian seamers in South Africa
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: In the high profile series between India and South Africa, stakes would be at an all time high. Indian team is on a roll. As far as their ODI performance is concerned, they have emerged triumphant in all the six ODI tournaments they have played this year. But their last tour of this year to the rainbow nation would be a litmus test for Team India.
It would not only test the in-form Indian top order in the three-match ODI series -- starting from December 5th -- but also the Indian seamers on those swift and bouncy tracks.
Presence of mentor Zaheer Khan in tour would definitely give the young seamers a much needed boost. But from Umesh Yadav to Bhuvneshwar Kumar all the seamers have to learn and get accustomed to these conditions as it’s comparatively quite a short series.
Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav who can clock over 140 consistently can get some more assistance from the deck but they have to make sure that they bowl on right channels. On the other, bowlers like Bhuvneshwar, Ishant Sharma and Mohit Sharma have to be more accurate with their line and length as they might get a decent seam movement, which would be difficult to handle for them at times. So, control would be the key to success for the bowlers in these seam and bouncy tracks.
Though Zaheer will surely guide these lads with his rich experience but he definitely can’t bowl for them. And ODI performance can make or break the confidence of Indian team which will be followed by the two-match Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers