New Delhi: On Sunday, Australian batsmen continued to pile on runs against a hapless West Indian bowling attack on Day 2 of the 2nd Test at Melbourne.
The home side declared at a mammoth score of 551/3 after three of members of their top order scored impressive tons.
Adam Voges joined Usman Khawaja and Joe Burns with a sparking knock of 106*.
Voges' 166-ball knock comprised of 12 hits to the fence. More importantly, he earned himself a slice of history with yet another solid display against his favorite bowling attack.
Here are five key stats from Voges' show at the MCG.
1) The right-hander is only the third batsman in cricket history to score 1000 runs in his debut year.
2) Only Don Bradman and Harvey Barnes have got to 1000 Test runs in fewer innings than Voges.
3) He is the fourth fastest Australian batsmen to score 1000 Test runs.
4) Only player to boast of a better average having played a minimum of 10 Tests than the 36-year-old is Bradman.
5) Post his latest ton, the right-hander's batting average sits at 84.91 after 18 innings
6) Voges career average against the West Indies is 542