Adelaide Test, Day 4: As it happened
Feroz Khan/Zeenews Sports
Adelaide: Team India is staring at another Test defeat and a successive overseas series whitewash as their batsmen submitted meekly to the Australians in pursuit of a humungous total of 500 runs. At stumps India were 166/6 on day 4 of the Adelaide Test on Friday.
Here is how the day panned out
Highlights from the final session
12: 42 p.m. Over 56: End of day’s plays. India are 166/6 on Day 4 of the Adelaide Test.
12:37 p.m. Over 55: Virat Kohli ran himself out in a strange manner as India lost their sixth wicket. He was the last specialist batsman remaining but his bizarre move has left India on verge of a certain Test defeat.
12: 30 p.m. Over 54: Out! Laxman was removed by Nathan Lyon at a score of 35. He was caught at short mid wicket.
12:17 p.m. Over 51: Laxman gets a boundary behind square leg as India move past 150 runs.
12:07 p.m. Over 49: Ponting dropped Laxman at slip.
11:01 a.m. Over 32: Out! Sachin Tendulkar has to go as he is caught at short leg after gloving one to Ed Cowan off Nathan Lyon’s delivery. The Adelaide crowd gives a standing ovation to the master as this might be the last time he features in a Test for India in Australia.
10:46 a.m. Over 29: Out! Rahul Dravid edged a loose Ryan Harris delivery towards gully where Hussey completed a regulation catch to end his innings at 25 runs.
Highlights from the second session
10: 11 a.m. Over 24: At the time of tea break, India were 92/2.
9:55 a.m. Over 20: Out! Virender Sehwag threw his wicket away as he was caught by Ponting at cover off Nathan Lyon’s delivery. He departed after scoring 62 runs. Nathan Lyon looked amused, almost in disbelief as Sehwag got out to a full toss.
9:39 a.m. Over 16: 50-run partnership between Sehwag and Dravid.
9:31 a.m.Over 14: Virender Sehwag completed a brisk half-century in just 36 deliveries as India were chasing a mammoth target of 500 runs.
9:04 a.m. Over 8: Virender Sehwag dispatched three boundaries in Peter Siddle’s first over of the day.
8: 49 a.m. Over 5: Out! Gambhir got an outside edge and was caught behind stumps by Haddin. He was removed by Ryan Harris at the score of 3.
8: 24 a.m. Over 46: Michael Clarke called Ponting (60*) and Haddin (11*) back to the pavilion as Australia declared their second innings at 167/5 with an overall lead of 499 runs. India need 500 runs to win the Test.
8: 17 a.m. Over 45: Dropped! Ponting(58) was dropped again. This time Saha made a good diving effort behind stumps stretching towards his right off Ishant Sharma`s delivery but failed to hold on to it.
8: 15 a.m. Over 44: Australia resumed their innings aggressively after the lunch break. Two boundaries were scored of the first and third delivery by Haddin.
Highlights from the first session
7: 32 a.m. Over 43: Australia were 154/5 at lunch interval.
7: 26 a.m. Over 42: 150 up for Australia.
7: 13 a.m. Over 39: Out! Finally Ishant got a wicket as he trapped Michael Hussey in front of the wicket. He departed after scoring 15 runs.
7: 04 a.m. Over 37: Ricky Ponting completes half-century.
6: 57 a.m. Over 35: Rahul Dravid dropped Ricky Ponting on 45.
6:30 a.m. Over 29: Out! Michael Clarke edges Umesh Yadav behind wickets to get out at a score of 37 (43b, 4X4). He got beaten by Yadav’s pace to get a faint edge. Clarke wasn’t happy with the decision.
6: 25 a.m. Over 27: 100 up for Australia.
6: 16 a.m. Over 25: 50-run partnership between Ponting and Clarke.
5: 57 a.m. Over 20: Two back to back boundaries off Ishant Sharma towards the third man area took Australian lead past 400 runs and Ponting’s run tally in the series to 500 runs. This was the fifth time he has achieved the milestone in a series and second time against India.
5: 48 a.m. Over 18: Australia began the day on a cautious note; they were not rushing into things while Indian bowlers looked to break the partnership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'