Aditya Verma to oppose BCCI move to postpone AGM
Any move by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to postpone next month's Annual General Meeting (AGM), that could benefit N.Srinivasan, would be contested in the Supreme Court, said Aditya Verma, secretary of the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB).
New Delhi: Any move by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to postpone next month's Annual General Meeting (AGM), that could benefit N.Srinivasan, would be contested in the Supreme Court, said Aditya Verma, secretary of the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB).
"I will object all moves of the BCCI in the Supreme Court. Next week, the BCCI is likely to request the Supreme Court to postpone the AGM as Srinivasan is seeking a re-election. But I will contest it," said Verma, whose petition in the Supreme Court prompted the removal of Srinivasan as the BCCI president.
Srinivasan was removed as the BCCI president by the Supreme Court pending inquiry in the spot fixing and betting scandal that hit the 2013 Indian Premier League (IPL).
Next week, the Supreme Court is likely to take up the Mukul Mudgal committee's report on spot-fixing and betting that would be submitted by the end of this month.
Verma also said that as per the rotation policy it is the east zone's turn for the post of BCCI president and believes that Jagmohan Dalmiya, a former board president and ex-International Cricket Council (ICC) president should contest for the post. Dalmiya was also appointed the interim BCCI president when Srinivasan first stepped aside amidst the investigations last year.
"Mr.Dalmiya is the only man who can save BCCI from this crisis," said Verma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!