Affection of fans played huge role in my career: Tendulkar
Mumbai: Senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar said that the "warmth and affection" that he has received from the cricket loving Indian fans across the globe has played a "huge role" in his career.
"Something that played a huge role in my career was the warmth and affection that I have received all across the world, whoever support Indian cricket," Tendulkar said at the music launch of `Mai` where legendary playback singer Asha Bhosle is making her acting debut.
Champion sportspersons draw inspiration from various sources and for India`s longest serving Test cricketer, his father late Ramesh Tendulkar has been the source.
"I can definitely say that my father is a source of inspiration. And then my brothers had a huge impact and after that my wife and her parents. They also play an important role. It`s a family thing where it starts. At every stage there were certain goals to achieve and there are certain things which inspires you," the veteran of 194 Tests said.
The 39-year-old also took the opportunity to take a trip down memory lane as he paid rich tributes to Asha Bhosle.
"Everyone knows about the kind of impact that Asha ji has had on the Indian music. I have grown up listening to her music. In fact, ny favourite is `In Aankho Ki Masti ke` (Umrao Jaan), which she sang for me and my wife."
When quipped about if he has any plans to make a silver screen debut, he answered,"Till the time I am playing cricket, it will only be cricket. I will do one thing at a time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter