Affection of fans played huge role in my career: Tendulkar
Mumbai: Senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar said that the "warmth and affection" that he has received from the cricket loving Indian fans across the globe has played a "huge role" in his career.
"Something that played a huge role in my career was the warmth and affection that I have received all across the world, whoever support Indian cricket," Tendulkar said at the music launch of `Mai` where legendary playback singer Asha Bhosle is making her acting debut.
Champion sportspersons draw inspiration from various sources and for India`s longest serving Test cricketer, his father late Ramesh Tendulkar has been the source.
"I can definitely say that my father is a source of inspiration. And then my brothers had a huge impact and after that my wife and her parents. They also play an important role. It`s a family thing where it starts. At every stage there were certain goals to achieve and there are certain things which inspires you," the veteran of 194 Tests said.
The 39-year-old also took the opportunity to take a trip down memory lane as he paid rich tributes to Asha Bhosle.
"Everyone knows about the kind of impact that Asha ji has had on the Indian music. I have grown up listening to her music. In fact, ny favourite is `In Aankho Ki Masti ke` (Umrao Jaan), which she sang for me and my wife."
When quipped about if he has any plans to make a silver screen debut, he answered,"Till the time I am playing cricket, it will only be cricket. I will do one thing at a time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes