Afridi, Gul may follow `axed` Younis Khan
Lahore: The future of senior Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi and pacer Umar Gull appears to be in doubt akin to Younis Khan, who has been dropped from the preliminary list of probable players for the ICC Champions Trophy.
With veteran Younis Khan axed from the list of 30 probable players named on Sunday for the Champions Trophy, team management sources said the poor performances of Afridi and Gul has put a question mark on their international cricket future prospects.
Stating that the selectors, had the full backing of the management to drop Younis Khan from the preliminary list for the Champions Trophy. Players like Gul and Afridi are now seen as past their prime and are not automatic choices. They further said that the national selection committee had a long meeting with the team management before finalising the names on the preliminary list but found no sympathy from the management for the struggling trio.
According to the sources, captain Misbah-ul-Haq also endorsed the decision of the team management as he was not happy with Younis’ performance in one-day matches, in which he had scored just 200 runs at a poor average of 18.18 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter