Afridi irks PCB, could face disciplinary action
Karachi: Shahid Afridi has irked the Pakistan Cricket Board for giving an interview to the media after his omission from the 15-member squad for the ICC Champions Trophy in England, following which the Board is contemplating a disciplinary action against the flamboyant all-rounder.
Afridi told the `Jang` newspaper that it was captain Misbah-ul-Haq who didn`t want him in the team. "It`s the captain`s decision to drop me," he told the newspaper.
"It`s no big deal for me if a captain doesn`t want a certain player in the team," he added.
Under the PCB code of conduct, players are not allowed to comment on selection matters and last year experienced all-rounder Abdul Razzaq faced a disciplinary action by the Board after blaming the national T20 captain Mohammad Hafeez for dropping him for the semifinal in the ICC World T20 in Sri Lanka.
A PCB source told PTI that Afridi`s interview would be reviewed tomorrow after which it would be seen whether he has violated the players` code of conduct or not.
Afridi, one of Pakistan`s most experienced all-rounders with 7,201 runs and 348 wickets in one-day internationals, said he would soon make a comeback into the side.
"I am still better than most and I have not given up on playing cricket. I know I still have a few years of cricket left in me so I am confident I can make a comeback," Afridi said.
The national selectors dropped Afridi after he went wicketless in his last 10 one-day internationals.
But in the interview, Afridi said poor form hit every player and he was not worried about it. "When I was not getting runs they talked about my batting now I have started to score runs and similarly I will also get back my bowling form as well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in