Afridi leads Pakistan to victory against Sri Lanka
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Hambantota: Shahid Afridi's all round play helped Pakistan register 23-run victory over Sri Lanka in the second T20I
Pakistan never really looked to play with any aggressive intent at the start. Sri Lanka bowled quite well and picked up some early wickets to pile the pressure on the visitors.
For most parts it looked as though Pakistan would struggle to cross the 100 run mark.
Afridi was the only batsman who really got stuck in and took a liking to the Sri Lankan attack as he smashed 52 off just 33 balls.
So 123 is the target then and Sri Lanka should start off as favourites but remember a target of 130 odd was defended in the previous game on the same ground.
Pakistan had the won the toss and elected to bat in the 2nd T20I at Hambantota.
The hosts lead the serious owing to their comfortable victory against Pakistan. It will be the visitng side today that will be keen to level the series and hence will probably be a little more hungry for a win. For that Pakistan will have to back up their bowling with a much better batting performance, something they haven`t done very well off late. We should be in for another exciting match, do stay tuned for the toss.
Sri Lanka Squad
Mahela Jayawardene (c), Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Dinesh Chandimal, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Chamara Kapugedera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Kaushal Lokuarachchi, Lasith Malinga, Angelo Mathews, Thissara Perera, Sachithra Senanayake, Upul Tharanga, Lahiru Thirimanne, Isuru Udana
Mohammad Hafeez (c), Shakeel Ansar (wk), Ahmed Shehzad, Hammad Azam, Haris Sohail, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Sami, Raza Hasan, Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Akmal, Yasir Arafat, Nasir Jamshed, Umar Gul
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter