Afridi not joining English county side Hampshire following visa problems
Islamabad: Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi will not join English county side Hampshire for the Friend Life T20 due to problems in obtaining visa.
Afridi had intended to fly direct from Pakistan’s one-day tour of Sri Lanka to England, but problems in completing his visa application while on tour, meant he was forced to fly back to his country.
Further hitches in his visa application have ended his chance of rejoining Hampshire after a successful season with them last year.
Hampshire manager Giles White confirmed the news, but added that they are keen to keep their alliance with Afridi intact in the coming years.
“Although Shahid will not be returning this time around, the door is still open for him to return to Hampshire in future years should circumstances suit both parties,” a newspaper quoted White, as saying.
“He obviously had a huge impact for us last year and has been missed. However, we are now deep into the 2012 competition and the side is settled so we don’t feel it is right to change that now,” he added.
Afridi enjoyed a highly thriving stay with Hampshire in 2011, taking 17 wickets in 10 matches at an average of 11.17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?