Afridi not joining English county side Hampshire following visa problems
Islamabad: Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi will not join English county side Hampshire for the Friend Life T20 due to problems in obtaining visa.
Afridi had intended to fly direct from Pakistan’s one-day tour of Sri Lanka to England, but problems in completing his visa application while on tour, meant he was forced to fly back to his country.
Further hitches in his visa application have ended his chance of rejoining Hampshire after a successful season with them last year.
Hampshire manager Giles White confirmed the news, but added that they are keen to keep their alliance with Afridi intact in the coming years.
“Although Shahid will not be returning this time around, the door is still open for him to return to Hampshire in future years should circumstances suit both parties,” a newspaper quoted White, as saying.
“He obviously had a huge impact for us last year and has been missed. However, we are now deep into the 2012 competition and the side is settled so we don’t feel it is right to change that now,” he added.
Afridi enjoyed a highly thriving stay with Hampshire in 2011, taking 17 wickets in 10 matches at an average of 11.17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla