Afridi ``not to sign`` PCB central contract to keep lucrative league offers hopes alive?
Lahore : Pakistan`s veteran all-rounder Shahid Afridi does not intend to sign the central contract with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in order to be available for lucrative offers from leagues being organised by different countries, according to sources.
Sources said Afridi keeps receiving lucrative packages from foreign leagues. However, he may not be able to feature in all games of those tournaments, if he signs the PCB central contract, they added.
Sources further said the national team management was displeased with Afridi`s behaviour in the ODI and T20 series held recently in Sri Lanka. However, the management has decided not to submit any written report against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi