Afridi says `high time` to plan for 2015 Cricket World Cup
Islamabad: Pakistan cricketer Shahid Afridi has said that it is high time for the team to start thinking about the 2015 World Cup and has called for proper planning to prepare for the challenge.
According to The Express Tribune, for Pakistan, it will be a special occasion, as they will return to the destination where the side clinched their maiden world title in 1992.
The celebrated cricketer said that a preliminary squad comprising a total of 22 players must be selected at this stage and then the authorities must stick with these players and utilize them on assignments.
The veteran all-rounder suggested that players must be selected as per their expertise and if a player was not an expert in limited overs and is good at Test cricket, he must not be picked in ODIs and Twenty20s and vice-versa.
Dropped from the Champions Trophy squad, the former captain enjoyed yet another successful comeback by playing a vital part in Pakistan`s ODIs and Twenty20 series triumph over the West Indies in the recently concluded tour of the Caribbean, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!