Afridi says `high time` to plan for 2015 Cricket World Cup
Islamabad: Pakistan cricketer Shahid Afridi has said that it is high time for the team to start thinking about the 2015 World Cup and has called for proper planning to prepare for the challenge.
According to The Express Tribune, for Pakistan, it will be a special occasion, as they will return to the destination where the side clinched their maiden world title in 1992.
The celebrated cricketer said that a preliminary squad comprising a total of 22 players must be selected at this stage and then the authorities must stick with these players and utilize them on assignments.
The veteran all-rounder suggested that players must be selected as per their expertise and if a player was not an expert in limited overs and is good at Test cricket, he must not be picked in ODIs and Twenty20s and vice-versa.
Dropped from the Champions Trophy squad, the former captain enjoyed yet another successful comeback by playing a vital part in Pakistan`s ODIs and Twenty20 series triumph over the West Indies in the recently concluded tour of the Caribbean, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III