Afridi says not planning to make Test comeback
Karachi: Veteran Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi has said that he has no plans of making a comeback to Test cricket as he is focusing more on his one-day and Twenty20 games.
According to The Nation, Afridi insisted that he has no desire to enter the Test squad again as he has been focusing on his performance in both ODI and Twenty20 formats.
Stating that he is aware of his strengths, Afridi further said that as both his batting and bowling are very significant for the team, he would do his best to perform in both the departments by playing his natural game, adding that smaller innings played according to the match situation sometimes help the team more than big innings.
Meanwhile, Afridi said that Pakistan has no excuses like conditions or pitches for their poor show in the second Test against South Africa in Dubai as those things are very much similar to their own country, adding that the team should strive hard to help register victories.
However, Afridi believes that the Test series will not have much influence on the ODI series as the ODI matches are played with a completely different mindset, adding that he believes that Pakistan will win the ODI series against South Africa as the conditions are more favourable to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog