Afridi says Pak has `good chance` to reclaim World T20 title
Karachi: Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi has said that Pakistan has a very good chance to reclaim the ICC World Twenty20 title in the forthcoming edition after four years.
Pakistan was impressive in T20s in 2013, securing eight victories from 12 matches, losing the remaining four.
According to the Express Tribune, the former captain expressed satisfaction on the team`s preparations for the March-April tournament scheduled to be held in Bangladesh and said that Pakistan has a good chance of winning as their performance in T20s was good and the inclusion of several youngsters has strengthened their combination.
Afridi named Sohaib Maqsood, Ahmed Shahzad and Sharjeel Khan as some of the upcoming talent, saying that Maqsood is improving the team`s middle-order batting, while the two openers are looking after the top, adding that Pakistan`s bowling attack also has depth, which gives them bright chances in the World T20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hard to digest! 90-year-old woman comes back to life at funeral, says she met 'Yamraj'
- Panasonic launches T44 lite smartphone at Rs 3,199
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details
- HC upholds summoning of Vijay Mallya in cheque-bounce cases