Afridi says Pak has `good chance` to reclaim World T20 title
Karachi: Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi has said that Pakistan has a very good chance to reclaim the ICC World Twenty20 title in the forthcoming edition after four years.
Pakistan was impressive in T20s in 2013, securing eight victories from 12 matches, losing the remaining four.
According to the Express Tribune, the former captain expressed satisfaction on the team`s preparations for the March-April tournament scheduled to be held in Bangladesh and said that Pakistan has a good chance of winning as their performance in T20s was good and the inclusion of several youngsters has strengthened their combination.
Afridi named Sohaib Maqsood, Ahmed Shahzad and Sharjeel Khan as some of the upcoming talent, saying that Maqsood is improving the team`s middle-order batting, while the two openers are looking after the top, adding that Pakistan`s bowling attack also has depth, which gives them bright chances in the World T20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!