Afridi unable to play for Hampshire after PCB revoke NOC
London: Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi`s will not be able to play for English country side Hampshire in the Twenty20 competition after the Pakistan Cricket Board decide to revoke the `NOC` after the cricketer`s outburst against country`s cricket board.
Afridi decided to announce his "retirement from international cricket" today till the regime under Ijaz Butt are in power.
As of now, Afridi`s cricket career is in a jeopardy after PCB decided to revoke his NOC and suspend his central contract with immediate effect. It also means that Afridi who was committed to play in the inaugural Sri Lankan Premier League (SLPL) will not be seen in action.
"There is nothing bigger than a man`s respect, and the way the board has treated me, there is a limit to everything," an emotional Afridi was quoted as saying by a leading television channel.
"I will not play under this board. If a different board comes in, I will definitely return but I cannot play under this board. When you have been humiliated like this, by dishonourable people, what is the point in playing on," Afridi who was gearing up to play for Hampshire said.
The way I`ve been treated... the future doesn`t look too good. I can`t play under a board that doesn`t respect its players. Because of this, under protest, this is a conditional retirement," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor