After testing positive, will Rahul Sharma quit cricket?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Indian cricketer Rahul Sharma’s promising future seems to be bleak after he tested positive for drugs on Friday, which he had allegedly consumed at a rave party in Mumbai on May 20.
Speaking to a news channel on May 21, the leg spinner had claimed innocence and said that he and Wayne Parnell had gone to the posh Juhu hotel to attend a birthday party.
Sharma was upset with the allegations at that time and expressed confidence that he would not test positive as he was a teetotaler. Infact the 25-year-old had boldly announced that he would ‘quit playing cricket’ if he was guilty of consuming drugs.
The leg-spinner had also said that he had never heard about a rave party before and he came to know of it from one of his relatives after the incident.
Sharma is currently in Sri Lanka where Team India is all set to play their first ODI against the hosts in Hambantota on July 21. On a turning track, Sharma could have been a part of the playing eleven, but the news has come as a huge blow for the team’s preparations.
Even though the BCCI has backed the 25-year-old for the time being, we wonder if India has lost a promising talent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad