After testing positive, will Rahul Sharma quit cricket?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Indian cricketer Rahul Sharma’s promising future seems to be bleak after he tested positive for drugs on Friday, which he had allegedly consumed at a rave party in Mumbai on May 20.
Speaking to a news channel on May 21, the leg spinner had claimed innocence and said that he and Wayne Parnell had gone to the posh Juhu hotel to attend a birthday party.
Sharma was upset with the allegations at that time and expressed confidence that he would not test positive as he was a teetotaler. Infact the 25-year-old had boldly announced that he would ‘quit playing cricket’ if he was guilty of consuming drugs.
The leg-spinner had also said that he had never heard about a rave party before and he came to know of it from one of his relatives after the incident.
Sharma is currently in Sri Lanka where Team India is all set to play their first ODI against the hosts in Hambantota on July 21. On a turning track, Sharma could have been a part of the playing eleven, but the news has come as a huge blow for the team’s preparations.
Even though the BCCI has backed the 25-year-old for the time being, we wonder if India has lost a promising talent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Do you know what is the FIRST thing Salman Khan asks when he meets someone? Click here
- Salem woman's suicide case: Tamil Nadu Police arrests man for uploading morphed pictures of victim on Facebook
- ISIS terror module busted in Hyderabad; religious places were main targets, claims NIA
- Fed up of shifting matches, BCCI plans to build own stadium in Delhi: Report
- Modish beauty! Anushka Sharma goes black for 'Sultan' promotions