After the resignation of top two officials, will Srinivasan follow the suit?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: If you were looking forward to a fantastic Friday, the IPL spot-fixing saga wouldn’t have left you down.
On Friday evening, amidst high drama, top two BCCI officials resigned from their posts putting the current board chief under immense pressure to follow the suit.
BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale and treasurer Ajay Shirke, quit from their respective posts in a bid to put pressure on beleaguered Cricket Board President in the wake of the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal.
The big question is: Is Srinivasan going to resign or will he be impeached?
If reports are to be believed more BCCI officials are planning to tender resignation in the event of Srinivasan’s refusal.
Following the latest developments, the beleaguered BCCI chief has called an emergency meeting of the Board`s all-powerful working committee on June 8 to discuss the current crisis arising out of betting and spot-fixing in IPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown