After the resignation of top two officials, will Srinivasan follow the suit?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: If you were looking forward to a fantastic Friday, the IPL spot-fixing saga wouldn’t have left you down.
On Friday evening, amidst high drama, top two BCCI officials resigned from their posts putting the current board chief under immense pressure to follow the suit.
BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale and treasurer Ajay Shirke, quit from their respective posts in a bid to put pressure on beleaguered Cricket Board President in the wake of the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal.
The big question is: Is Srinivasan going to resign or will he be impeached?
If reports are to be believed more BCCI officials are planning to tender resignation in the event of Srinivasan’s refusal.
Following the latest developments, the beleaguered BCCI chief has called an emergency meeting of the Board`s all-powerful working committee on June 8 to discuss the current crisis arising out of betting and spot-fixing in IPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins