After the resignation of top two officials, will Srinivasan follow the suit?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: If you were looking forward to a fantastic Friday, the IPL spot-fixing saga wouldn’t have left you down.
On Friday evening, amidst high drama, top two BCCI officials resigned from their posts putting the current board chief under immense pressure to follow the suit.
BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale and treasurer Ajay Shirke, quit from their respective posts in a bid to put pressure on beleaguered Cricket Board President in the wake of the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal.
The big question is: Is Srinivasan going to resign or will he be impeached?
If reports are to be believed more BCCI officials are planning to tender resignation in the event of Srinivasan’s refusal.
Following the latest developments, the beleaguered BCCI chief has called an emergency meeting of the Board`s all-powerful working committee on June 8 to discuss the current crisis arising out of betting and spot-fixing in IPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- GST deadlock: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers today
- Olympic Village repairs could take all week: Brazil
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong