Aggarwal sent to two-days police custody
Chennai: Hotelier Vikram Aggarwal, arrested for his alleged links with a bookie and betting in the IPL, was on Monday sent to two days police custody by a court here.
Saidapet Magistrate-Incharge Murugan allowed a plea by the Tamil Nadu Crime-Branch CID police seeking two days custody of Aggarwal, arrested here last night, after he was produced before him.
He was arrested after interrogation by the CB-CID police, probing the IPL betting case and his alleged links with a bookie, when he appeared before them in response to summons.
Police had earlier said that preliminary inquiry revealed that Aggarwal was closely associated with bookie Uttam C Jain, alias Kitty, who has already been arrested in the betting racket.
Police said Aggarwal had confessed to having information on pitch conditions and other details on IPL matches.
Aggarwal`s two hotels here were earlier raided after his alleged links with bookies came to light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog