Aggarwal sent to two-days police custody
Chennai: Hotelier Vikram Aggarwal, arrested for his alleged links with a bookie and betting in the IPL, was on Monday sent to two days police custody by a court here.
Saidapet Magistrate-Incharge Murugan allowed a plea by the Tamil Nadu Crime-Branch CID police seeking two days custody of Aggarwal, arrested here last night, after he was produced before him.
He was arrested after interrogation by the CB-CID police, probing the IPL betting case and his alleged links with a bookie, when he appeared before them in response to summons.
Police had earlier said that preliminary inquiry revealed that Aggarwal was closely associated with bookie Uttam C Jain, alias Kitty, who has already been arrested in the betting racket.
Police said Aggarwal had confessed to having information on pitch conditions and other details on IPL matches.
Aggarwal`s two hotels here were earlier raided after his alleged links with bookies came to light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS
- West Bengal polls: Bhawanipur to witness star-studded electoral battle