Aggarwal sent to two-days police custody
Chennai: Hotelier Vikram Aggarwal, arrested for his alleged links with a bookie and betting in the IPL, was on Monday sent to two days police custody by a court here.
Saidapet Magistrate-Incharge Murugan allowed a plea by the Tamil Nadu Crime-Branch CID police seeking two days custody of Aggarwal, arrested here last night, after he was produced before him.
He was arrested after interrogation by the CB-CID police, probing the IPL betting case and his alleged links with a bookie, when he appeared before them in response to summons.
Police had earlier said that preliminary inquiry revealed that Aggarwal was closely associated with bookie Uttam C Jain, alias Kitty, who has already been arrested in the betting racket.
Police said Aggarwal had confessed to having information on pitch conditions and other details on IPL matches.
Aggarwal`s two hotels here were earlier raided after his alleged links with bookies came to light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'