Ajit Tendulkar drops in at Kotla to watch India play
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar`s elder brother Ajit Tendulkar today dropped in at the Feroz Shah Kotla ground to watch the first day`s play between India and Australia, here.
According to sources close to the cricketer, Ajit is expected to stay back for the entire duration of the final Test, with India standing on the cusp of a historic 4-0 clean sweep.
Ajit, who has been a friend, philosopher and guide of the legendary cricketer, as usual kept a very low profile and quietly left the stadium after watching first day`s proceedings.
Ajit played a pivotal role in shaping up the career of the cricketer.
Tendulkar, who will turn 40 in a month`s time, is playing his 198th Test match of his illustrious career.
This is the last Test match that India play at home in the next 15 months. India`s next Test assignment is in South Africa in December-January while they go to New Zealand in February next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof