Ajit Tendulkar drops in at Kotla to watch India play
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar`s elder brother Ajit Tendulkar today dropped in at the Feroz Shah Kotla ground to watch the first day`s play between India and Australia, here.
According to sources close to the cricketer, Ajit is expected to stay back for the entire duration of the final Test, with India standing on the cusp of a historic 4-0 clean sweep.
Ajit, who has been a friend, philosopher and guide of the legendary cricketer, as usual kept a very low profile and quietly left the stadium after watching first day`s proceedings.
Ajit played a pivotal role in shaping up the career of the cricketer.
Tendulkar, who will turn 40 in a month`s time, is playing his 198th Test match of his illustrious career.
This is the last Test match that India play at home in the next 15 months. India`s next Test assignment is in South Africa in December-January while they go to New Zealand in February next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH