Ajit Tendulkar drops in at Kotla to watch India play
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar`s elder brother Ajit Tendulkar today dropped in at the Feroz Shah Kotla ground to watch the first day`s play between India and Australia, here.
According to sources close to the cricketer, Ajit is expected to stay back for the entire duration of the final Test, with India standing on the cusp of a historic 4-0 clean sweep.
Ajit, who has been a friend, philosopher and guide of the legendary cricketer, as usual kept a very low profile and quietly left the stadium after watching first day`s proceedings.
Ajit played a pivotal role in shaping up the career of the cricketer.
Tendulkar, who will turn 40 in a month`s time, is playing his 198th Test match of his illustrious career.
This is the last Test match that India play at home in the next 15 months. India`s next Test assignment is in South Africa in December-January while they go to New Zealand in February next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates
- Won't be giving any more statements to media: Kangana Ranaut