Ajmal backs `lethal` teammates Irfan, Junaid Khan to `bamboozle` opposition after Akram`s coaching
Karachi: Pakistani spin star Saeed Ajmal praised fellow pace bowlers Mohammad Irfan and Junaid Khan, saying that the bowlers will be more destructive than before during the ICC Champions Trophy after pace legend Wasim Akram`s coaching.
Stating that Irfan and Khan will be Pakistan`s strike bowlers in the Champions Trophy, Ajmal said that Akram had worked closely with the duo during the recent training camp, adding that they can now bamboozle any opposition.
Ajmal, rated as the best spinner in world cricket today, further said that they are blessed to be a part of a team whose fast bowling resources never run dry, adding that they always manage to produce great fast bowling talent.
Meanwhile, Ajmal said that playing in the much-awaited Pakistan-India Champions Trophy fixture at Birmingham on June 15 would be fantastic and electrifying, adding that an India-Pakistan match always felt like playing the final of any tournament.
Stating that that the team which handles the pressure well will win the Champions Trophy, Ajmal further said that although it is tough to predict a winner keeping in mind the eight top competiting teams, whoever gets the right balance in their team and copes well with the pressure will go on to win the Trophy.
Ajmal also said that the new ODI rules have made life much tougher for spinners in one day cricket as bowling in limited-overs cricket was hard enough for the slow bowlers without the option of allowing an extra fielder in the circle for non-powerplay overs, adding that batsmen can now free their arms and take on a spinner without much fear.
Ajmal also stated that the fast bowlers have been given the luxury of bowling two bouncers in an over, which seems unfair to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?