Ajmal backs Pak to demolish Proteas
Johannesburg: Pakistani spinner Saeed Ajmal has said that his team will try their best to demolish South Africa, the world`s best Test side, like they did to England in 2012.
Pakistan, which routed then-rated best Test side England 3-0 in the United Arab Emirates last year, faces another big challenge in the upcoming two-Test series against South Africa, which had thrashed them 3-0 in February.
According to Sport24, the veteran spinner, who took 24 wickets to wreck England in 2012, backed his team to win the series against South Africa, saying that even last time when they won against England, they were lower down in the Test rankings like they are this year against the Proteas.
The report mentioned that Pakistan would once again look to tame South African Test skipper Graeme Smith mainly through Ajmal and left-armer Abdul Rehman , with Ajmal saying that they have a good bowling attack and that he will make a good combination with Rehman.
Ajmal also dismissed revenge talks, although he said that he and his co-bowlers are capable of bowling South Africa out twice in Tests
Pakistan and South Africa will also play five one-day and two Twenty20 internationals, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter