Ajmal may have to reject Worcestershire`s contract
Lahore: Saeed Ajmal has been offered a lucrative full season contract by English county Worcestershire but the Pakistan off-spinner may be forced to reject it as he is still waiting for a confirmation that he would be released during national duty.
The 34-year-old off-spinner had taken 24 wickets to help Pakistan in outclassing England 3?0 in the Test series earlier this year in the UAE and sources said he has now been offered a full season contract by Worcestershire.
"Saeed is keen to play for the county but he wants them to first confirm that he would be released for Pakistan`s commitments in Sri Lanka in June-July and for the one-day series against Australia in August," one source said.
He said even though "Saeed was not comfortable playing in England after the questions raised over his bowling action in the English media but he believed that playing for Worcester would allow him to further improve his trade.”
The off-spinner is the most sought after spin bowler these days after his exploits against England and in the Asia Cup.
Meanwhile, left-arm pacer Junaid Khan has, however, decided to play for Lancashire but made it clear the Pakistan cricket Board would decide whether he will be available for the county for the full season or for select matches.
"I have just recovered from a knee injury and I am feeling well now. But the PCB will let me know for what duration I can play in England," he said.
Pakistan are due to play a full series in Sri Lanka from late May to July and than engage Australia in a series of four ODIs and three T20 matches in August before taking part in the ICC T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’