Ajmal says will try to play lead role to help Pak beat Lanka in forthcoming Test series
Veteran Pakistani off-spinner Saeed Ajmal has said that he would try to play the lead role in helping his side to beat Sri Lanka in their forthcoming Test series.
Ajmal said that in the presence of classy and mature batsmen like Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene it is not easy to beat Sri Lanka on their soil but he added that he feels Pakistan team is capable of earning positive results, The Dawn reported.
Ajmal, who has claimed 169 scalps at an average of 27.46 in 33 Tests, said that he took 15 wickets in three Tests on their last tour to Sri Lanka, which he feels was not an outstanding performance, but he added that this time he would try to play lead role to help his team with the Tests.
Pakistan is scheduled to play two Tests and three ODIs on their tour of Sri Lanka, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online