Ajmal says will try to play lead role to help Pak beat Lanka in forthcoming Test series
Veteran Pakistani off-spinner Saeed Ajmal has said that he would try to play the lead role in helping his side to beat Sri Lanka in their forthcoming Test series.
Ajmal said that in the presence of classy and mature batsmen like Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene it is not easy to beat Sri Lanka on their soil but he added that he feels Pakistan team is capable of earning positive results, The Dawn reported.
Ajmal, who has claimed 169 scalps at an average of 27.46 in 33 Tests, said that he took 15 wickets in three Tests on their last tour to Sri Lanka, which he feels was not an outstanding performance, but he added that this time he would try to play lead role to help his team with the Tests.
Pakistan is scheduled to play two Tests and three ODIs on their tour of Sri Lanka, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack