Ajmal says will try to play lead role to help Pak beat Lanka in forthcoming Test series
Veteran Pakistani off-spinner Saeed Ajmal has said that he would try to play the lead role in helping his side to beat Sri Lanka in their forthcoming Test series.
Ajmal said that in the presence of classy and mature batsmen like Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene it is not easy to beat Sri Lanka on their soil but he added that he feels Pakistan team is capable of earning positive results, The Dawn reported.
Ajmal, who has claimed 169 scalps at an average of 27.46 in 33 Tests, said that he took 15 wickets in three Tests on their last tour to Sri Lanka, which he feels was not an outstanding performance, but he added that this time he would try to play lead role to help his team with the Tests.
Pakistan is scheduled to play two Tests and three ODIs on their tour of Sri Lanka, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre