Ajmal says will try to play lead role to help Pak beat Lanka in forthcoming Test series
Veteran Pakistani off-spinner Saeed Ajmal has said that he would try to play the lead role in helping his side to beat Sri Lanka in their forthcoming Test series.
Ajmal said that in the presence of classy and mature batsmen like Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene it is not easy to beat Sri Lanka on their soil but he added that he feels Pakistan team is capable of earning positive results, The Dawn reported.
Ajmal, who has claimed 169 scalps at an average of 27.46 in 33 Tests, said that he took 15 wickets in three Tests on their last tour to Sri Lanka, which he feels was not an outstanding performance, but he added that this time he would try to play lead role to help his team with the Tests.
Pakistan is scheduled to play two Tests and three ODIs on their tour of Sri Lanka, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today