Akmal-Riaz pair lead Pak to ODI series victory over Ireland
Karachi: Pakistan`s wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal and fast bowler Wahab Riaz helped their team to secure a one-nil series win over Ireland, by beating the latter by two wickets in the second one-day international on Sunday.
Akmal scored 81 off 85 balls, while Riaz remained unbeaten on 47, hitting four sixes and four boundaries in a 35-ball knock.
Replying to Ireland`s 229 for the loss of nine wickets, Pakistan scored 230 for the loss of eight wickets in 48.4 overs.
Ireland`s top-ranking batsman Ed Joyce scored 116 off 132 balls.
Last Thursday, the first match ended in a tie on the Duckworth/Lewis Method when Ireland made a spirited reply and scored 275-5.
The short tour to Dublin was part of Pakistan`s preparation for next month`s Champions Trophy in England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog