Akmal-Riaz pair lead Pak to ODI series victory over Ireland
Karachi: Pakistan`s wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal and fast bowler Wahab Riaz helped their team to secure a one-nil series win over Ireland, by beating the latter by two wickets in the second one-day international on Sunday.
Akmal scored 81 off 85 balls, while Riaz remained unbeaten on 47, hitting four sixes and four boundaries in a 35-ball knock.
Replying to Ireland`s 229 for the loss of nine wickets, Pakistan scored 230 for the loss of eight wickets in 48.4 overs.
Ireland`s top-ranking batsman Ed Joyce scored 116 off 132 balls.
Last Thursday, the first match ended in a tie on the Duckworth/Lewis Method when Ireland made a spirited reply and scored 275-5.
The short tour to Dublin was part of Pakistan`s preparation for next month`s Champions Trophy in England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured