Akram terms India-Oz Test series ‘one-sided affair’
Manama: Pakistan legend Wasim Akram has termed the recent Tests series between India and Australia as a complete ‘one-sided’ affair, saying that he was surprised to see that determination was completely missing from the Michael Clarke-led side. Stating that the Australians did not even try to counter the attack by the Indian players, Akram said that it was boring to see such a one-sided Test series.
According to Akram, it had appeared to him that the Australian side knew beforehand that they would be losing the series 4-0, which could be seen in the lack of fight they put up even in the face of the Indian attack. Akram further said that even an impressive quick like James Pattinson was looking lost in the Delhi Test. Meanwhile, Akram, who was the coach of the Indian Premier League (IPL) team Kolkata Knight Riders last season, said that he was skipping the IPL this time to spend time with his sons, who, he added, are far removed from the game as compared to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India