Akram terms India-Oz Test series ‘one-sided affair’
Manama: Pakistan legend Wasim Akram has termed the recent Tests series between India and Australia as a complete ‘one-sided’ affair, saying that he was surprised to see that determination was completely missing from the Michael Clarke-led side. Stating that the Australians did not even try to counter the attack by the Indian players, Akram said that it was boring to see such a one-sided Test series.
According to Akram, it had appeared to him that the Australian side knew beforehand that they would be losing the series 4-0, which could be seen in the lack of fight they put up even in the face of the Indian attack. Akram further said that even an impressive quick like James Pattinson was looking lost in the Delhi Test. Meanwhile, Akram, who was the coach of the Indian Premier League (IPL) team Kolkata Knight Riders last season, said that he was skipping the IPL this time to spend time with his sons, who, he added, are far removed from the game as compared to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- PM Modi promises Centre's support to flood-hit states
- Sushma Swaraj in Myanmar; to hold talks with Suu Kyi
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections