Akram terms India-Oz Test series ‘one-sided affair’
Manama: Pakistan legend Wasim Akram has termed the recent Tests series between India and Australia as a complete ‘one-sided’ affair, saying that he was surprised to see that determination was completely missing from the Michael Clarke-led side. Stating that the Australians did not even try to counter the attack by the Indian players, Akram said that it was boring to see such a one-sided Test series.
According to Akram, it had appeared to him that the Australian side knew beforehand that they would be losing the series 4-0, which could be seen in the lack of fight they put up even in the face of the Indian attack. Akram further said that even an impressive quick like James Pattinson was looking lost in the Delhi Test. Meanwhile, Akram, who was the coach of the Indian Premier League (IPL) team Kolkata Knight Riders last season, said that he was skipping the IPL this time to spend time with his sons, who, he added, are far removed from the game as compared to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi