Albie Morkel still hopes to play Tests for South Africa again
Pretoria (South Africa): South African cricketer and all-rounder Albie Morkel has rejected suggestions that he is a spent force as far as playing international cricket is concerned, and added that he still hopes to represent his country in Test cricket again.
Sport24 quoted Morkel, as saying that he has decided to shift his focus to domestic cricket in the 2014/2015-season after playing international Twenty20 cricket full time for the last two years.
He said that he wants to represent the Titans in every Sunfoil Series-game if selected.
He also said that playing cricket full time was tough on his young family, which includes his wife, son AJ four and daughter Cara three.
He said that he was nursing elbow and knee injuries, but has started training fulltime with the Titans this week.
Morkel has played just one Test for South Africa in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest