Albie Morkel still hopes to play Tests for South Africa again
Pretoria (South Africa): South African cricketer and all-rounder Albie Morkel has rejected suggestions that he is a spent force as far as playing international cricket is concerned, and added that he still hopes to represent his country in Test cricket again.
Sport24 quoted Morkel, as saying that he has decided to shift his focus to domestic cricket in the 2014/2015-season after playing international Twenty20 cricket full time for the last two years.
He said that he wants to represent the Titans in every Sunfoil Series-game if selected.
He also said that playing cricket full time was tough on his young family, which includes his wife, son AJ four and daughter Cara three.
He said that he was nursing elbow and knee injuries, but has started training fulltime with the Titans this week.
Morkel has played just one Test for South Africa in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?