Aleem Dar honoured for officiating in 150 ODIs
London: Elite Panel umpire Aleem Dar has been honoured by the ICC for becoming only the seventh man to officiate in 150 ODIs, a feat he achieved when he took the field for the 1st One-dayer between England and Australia.
To mark the achievement, Javagal Srinath of the Elite Panel of ICC match referees, presented a memento to Dar at the post-match presentation ceremony at the Lord`s on Friday.
The 44-year-old, who won the David Shepherd Trophy for the third successive year by winning the ICC Umpire of the Year award at the LG ICC Awards in London in 2011, made his umpiring debut in February 2000 when he officiated in an ODI between Pakistan and Sri Lanka in Gujranwala.
After being promoted to the elite panel in 2002, he officiated in his first Test between Bangladesh and England in Dhaka in October 2003.
Dar has supervised the finals of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 and 2011, and also umpired in the 2003 World Cup. Dar has also stood in 74 Tests which makes him the sixth most experienced official on the circuit.
Reflecting on his achievement, Dar said: "I am honoured and humbled to join the exclusive 150-ODI club which includes some of the most respected gentlemen in this noble profession. To get to the landmark at the home of cricket in a match featuring the oldest opponents in the sport makes this occasion more memorable.
"I consider myself extremely lucky and fortunate to have been granted so many opportunities as well as having been given excellent support from the PCB, the ICC, and by my fellow match officials without whose continued guidance I would not have come this far. A special thanks to my family who have been extremely supportive over the years.:"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org