All round show takes Kerala to 6-wicket win over Andhra
Porvorim: Paceman S Sreesanth took four wickets before Robert Fernandez and Raiphi Gomez struck half-centuries as Kerala defeated Andhra by six wickets in a Vijay Hazare Trophy (South Zone) match, here today.
Asked to bat, Andhra scored 256 for six with Sirkar Bharat (74) and NJ Sai Krishna (61) scoring half-centuries.
Bharat was involved in a 103-run stand for first wicket with fellow opener Prasanth Kumar (41) and then added 56 runs for the second wicket with Krishna.
Off-spinner Rohan Prem removed both the openers and then Sreesanth (4/61) took all the wickets that fell.
Kerala`s reply began poorly as opener Samson was out in the fifth ball of the innings and soon V A Jagadeesh (15) also perished.
At number three Prem scored a valuable 42 and the following middle-order batsmen also responded well to the call.
Fernandez and Gomez carried the side to win after Sachin Baby (29) departed.
Fernandez scored 85 off 98 and Gomez 68 off 46. They shared an unbeaten 126-run stand for the fifth wicket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram