All round show takes Kerala to 6-wicket win over Andhra
Porvorim: Paceman S Sreesanth took four wickets before Robert Fernandez and Raiphi Gomez struck half-centuries as Kerala defeated Andhra by six wickets in a Vijay Hazare Trophy (South Zone) match, here today.
Asked to bat, Andhra scored 256 for six with Sirkar Bharat (74) and NJ Sai Krishna (61) scoring half-centuries.
Bharat was involved in a 103-run stand for first wicket with fellow opener Prasanth Kumar (41) and then added 56 runs for the second wicket with Krishna.
Off-spinner Rohan Prem removed both the openers and then Sreesanth (4/61) took all the wickets that fell.
Kerala`s reply began poorly as opener Samson was out in the fifth ball of the innings and soon V A Jagadeesh (15) also perished.
At number three Prem scored a valuable 42 and the following middle-order batsmen also responded well to the call.
Fernandez and Gomez carried the side to win after Sachin Baby (29) departed.
Fernandez scored 85 off 98 and Gomez 68 off 46. They shared an unbeaten 126-run stand for the fifth wicket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead