Allow betting in cricket: Vindu Dara Singh
Mumbai: Actor Vindu Dara Singh, arrested for betting in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and now on bail, says betting in the game should be made legal.
"Cricket is like a religion in India. IPL will be conducted and betting will take place as well," said Vindu on Monday on the sets of his film "Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya" here.
Vindu, who got bail on June 4, feels the government should legalize betting in the gentleman`s sport.
"I think the government should interfere and legalize betting," he said. At the same time, he has vowed not to "watch cricket in my entire life". "So whether IPL 7 will be organized or not, it doesn`t matter to me."
Last seen in Ajay Devgn-starrer "Son of Sardaar", Vindu asserts he is innocent.
"I can guarantee I have not done anything wrong, and that is why I am here and I have started my work. When people will re-build their trust on me, then I will surely get more work. If they won`t, then I would get less work but life will go on," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL