Allow betting in cricket: Vindu Dara Singh
Mumbai: Actor Vindu Dara Singh, arrested for betting in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and now on bail, says betting in the game should be made legal.
"Cricket is like a religion in India. IPL will be conducted and betting will take place as well," said Vindu on Monday on the sets of his film "Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya" here.
Vindu, who got bail on June 4, feels the government should legalize betting in the gentleman`s sport.
"I think the government should interfere and legalize betting," he said. At the same time, he has vowed not to "watch cricket in my entire life". "So whether IPL 7 will be organized or not, it doesn`t matter to me."
Last seen in Ajay Devgn-starrer "Son of Sardaar", Vindu asserts he is innocent.
"I can guarantee I have not done anything wrong, and that is why I am here and I have started my work. When people will re-build their trust on me, then I will surely get more work. If they won`t, then I would get less work but life will go on," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video