Amla and Duminy steer South Africa to victory
East London: Half-centuries from Hashim Amla and JP Duminy helped South Africa secure a five-wicket win in the second one-day international against Sri Lanka on Saturday.
Opening batsman Amla weighed in with 55 off 58 balls while Duminy was not out on 66 off 87 deliveries. South Africa, chasing Sri Lanka`s 236 for six, reached 237 for five with eight balls remaining.
Amla and Graeme Smith (28) provided the hosts with an impressive start thanks to an opening stand of 76 before Duminy controlled the middle-order as the hosts took a 2-0 lead in the five-match series.
Amla looked in complete control during his innings, which included five fours and two sixes. Duminy was content to simply work the ball around and struck just one six.
Sri Lanka owed their final total to Dinesh Chandimal, who ended not out on 92, and left-handed opening batsman Upul Tharanga. He made 66 off 85 deliveries with six fours and a six.
Chandimal, together with Nuwan Kulasekara (22) and Angelo Mathews (28), provided the innings with some late impetus.
The third match of the series is in Bloemfontein on Tuesday. South Africa won the first game by 258 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical