Amla finds Oz sledging tactics ‘amusing’
Sydney: South Africa batsman Hashim Amla has said he finds Australian bowlers’ ruthless sledging tactics amusing, and added that it doesn’t affect him a bit.
An enraged Peter Siddle gave Amla both barrels when a caught-behind appeal was turned down and Aussie stirrer Dave Warner joined in the verbal battery during the Gabba Test match.
“I actually found it quite humorous. I just enjoyed the moment really; it was quite a nice patch of play,” News.com.au quoted Amla, as saying.
“The guys were a bit pumped up, thinking that I had nicked the ball. I guess it is a bit funny when guys get a bit emotional when there is no real need to,” he added.
Amla would not be drawn on whether the Aussies had crossed the line, but clearly he can expect more of the same when the second Test starts in Adelaide next Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days