Amla finds Oz sledging tactics ‘amusing’
Sydney: South Africa batsman Hashim Amla has said he finds Australian bowlers’ ruthless sledging tactics amusing, and added that it doesn’t affect him a bit.
An enraged Peter Siddle gave Amla both barrels when a caught-behind appeal was turned down and Aussie stirrer Dave Warner joined in the verbal battery during the Gabba Test match.
“I actually found it quite humorous. I just enjoyed the moment really; it was quite a nice patch of play,” News.com.au quoted Amla, as saying.
“The guys were a bit pumped up, thinking that I had nicked the ball. I guess it is a bit funny when guys get a bit emotional when there is no real need to,” he added.
Amla would not be drawn on whether the Aussies had crossed the line, but clearly he can expect more of the same when the second Test starts in Adelaide next Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city