Amla pleased with 79-ball century during warm-up match against Sri Lanka
Johannesburg: South Africa Test captain Hashim Amla is pleased with is 79-ball century that laid the platform for the squad`s 108-run win against a Sri Lanka Cricket Board President`s XI in Moratuwa on Thursday.
After the warm-up match, which turned out to be a productive outing for the 15-man squad, Amla said that it was nice to pick up some batting time.
According to Sport24, Amla said that most of the batsmen that got in managed to spend some time at the crease, adding that that is what warm-up games are about.
AB de Villiers (41), Faf du Plessis (41) and JP Duminy (54) were the other top-scorers, with the lower order also contributing with worthy knocks.
Amla said that personally it is nice to get some runs ahead of the series, adding that the thinking ahead of the game was to try and get a few runs, retire out, then get the other batsmen in.
The skipper further added that after he reached his 50 he figured it was a good time to lift the scoring rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you