Amla pleased with 79-ball century during warm-up match against Sri Lanka
Johannesburg: South Africa Test captain Hashim Amla is pleased with is 79-ball century that laid the platform for the squad`s 108-run win against a Sri Lanka Cricket Board President`s XI in Moratuwa on Thursday.
After the warm-up match, which turned out to be a productive outing for the 15-man squad, Amla said that it was nice to pick up some batting time.
According to Sport24, Amla said that most of the batsmen that got in managed to spend some time at the crease, adding that that is what warm-up games are about.
AB de Villiers (41), Faf du Plessis (41) and JP Duminy (54) were the other top-scorers, with the lower order also contributing with worthy knocks.
Amla said that personally it is nice to get some runs ahead of the series, adding that the thinking ahead of the game was to try and get a few runs, retire out, then get the other batsmen in.
The skipper further added that after he reached his 50 he figured it was a good time to lift the scoring rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni & Co fall short by one run in world record run chase
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong