Amla pleased with 79-ball century during warm-up match against Sri Lanka
Johannesburg: South Africa Test captain Hashim Amla is pleased with is 79-ball century that laid the platform for the squad`s 108-run win against a Sri Lanka Cricket Board President`s XI in Moratuwa on Thursday.
After the warm-up match, which turned out to be a productive outing for the 15-man squad, Amla said that it was nice to pick up some batting time.
According to Sport24, Amla said that most of the batsmen that got in managed to spend some time at the crease, adding that that is what warm-up games are about.
AB de Villiers (41), Faf du Plessis (41) and JP Duminy (54) were the other top-scorers, with the lower order also contributing with worthy knocks.
Amla said that personally it is nice to get some runs ahead of the series, adding that the thinking ahead of the game was to try and get a few runs, retire out, then get the other batsmen in.
The skipper further added that after he reached his 50 he figured it was a good time to lift the scoring rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Delhi Police on terrorists' radar
- India vs West Indies: Satisfied to score double ton after forgettable debut, says Virat Kohli
- FIR lodged over beating of two Dalits in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic