Amla pleased with 79-ball century during warm-up match against Sri Lanka
Johannesburg: South Africa Test captain Hashim Amla is pleased with is 79-ball century that laid the platform for the squad`s 108-run win against a Sri Lanka Cricket Board President`s XI in Moratuwa on Thursday.
After the warm-up match, which turned out to be a productive outing for the 15-man squad, Amla said that it was nice to pick up some batting time.
According to Sport24, Amla said that most of the batsmen that got in managed to spend some time at the crease, adding that that is what warm-up games are about.
AB de Villiers (41), Faf du Plessis (41) and JP Duminy (54) were the other top-scorers, with the lower order also contributing with worthy knocks.
Amla said that personally it is nice to get some runs ahead of the series, adding that the thinking ahead of the game was to try and get a few runs, retire out, then get the other batsmen in.
The skipper further added that after he reached his 50 he figured it was a good time to lift the scoring rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'