Amla says De Villiers complements him well while batting in ODIs
Johannesburg: South African batsman Hashim Alma has said that he enjoys batting with captain AB de Villiers as they both complement each other very well after both of them were involved in a world-record stand on Sunday against Pakistan in the third one-day at Johannesburg.
Amla said De Villiers can hit sixes over cover, off the back foot, while he only got the one over long-off, so there are slight differences, adding they score in slightly different areas and keep each other motivated so maybe that`s why they have had a few good partnerships together.
Amla added besides the obvious differences in our style he is more classical and De Villiers is more innovative, and they complement each other when they batting.
The pair, who came together when South Africa were on 42 for two, initially broke their own South African third-wicket partnership record and then went on to set a new world best.
Their 238-run stand came off 194 deliveries and included 18 fours and four sixes. The previous record of 237 was held by India`s Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar, set in 1999 against Kenya.
Amla said their success was due to a combination of factors, including the way they rotated the strike and had an unspoken understanding between them.
Amla added he always enjoy batting with De Villiers because when he comes in, there is a lot of energy and you know the game will move forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensational: New Zealand teenager Glenn Phillips hits 6 sixes in an over
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K