Amla says Pakistan took Proteas to their limits during Newlands Test
Johannesburg: South Africa batsman Hashim Amla has claimed their latest Test match against Pakistan was South Africa``s toughest challenge since their away series in Australia last year.
Amla added Pakistan took them to their limits in certain respects, adding they were under pressure in their first innings and then chasing 180, in the second, which was never going to be an easy total.
Amla was unconcerned about the side``s batting performance at Newlands and believed, in the context of the game, they had done well, saying it was not an easy wicket to bat on in the first innings for both teams, and with one more game to go, he wouldn``t read too much into it.
Despite the unassailable 2-0 lead in the series, Amla said every game was important to the team, and to their winning culture, and some of the players still had something to prove.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach