Amla says Pakistan took Proteas to their limits during Newlands Test
Johannesburg: South Africa batsman Hashim Amla has claimed their latest Test match against Pakistan was South Africa``s toughest challenge since their away series in Australia last year.
Amla added Pakistan took them to their limits in certain respects, adding they were under pressure in their first innings and then chasing 180, in the second, which was never going to be an easy total.
Amla was unconcerned about the side``s batting performance at Newlands and believed, in the context of the game, they had done well, saying it was not an easy wicket to bat on in the first innings for both teams, and with one more game to go, he wouldn``t read too much into it.
Despite the unassailable 2-0 lead in the series, Amla said every game was important to the team, and to their winning culture, and some of the players still had something to prove.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you