Amla says Pakistan took Proteas to their limits during Newlands Test
Johannesburg: South Africa batsman Hashim Amla has claimed their latest Test match against Pakistan was South Africa``s toughest challenge since their away series in Australia last year.
Amla added Pakistan took them to their limits in certain respects, adding they were under pressure in their first innings and then chasing 180, in the second, which was never going to be an easy total.
Amla was unconcerned about the side``s batting performance at Newlands and believed, in the context of the game, they had done well, saying it was not an easy wicket to bat on in the first innings for both teams, and with one more game to go, he wouldn``t read too much into it.
Despite the unassailable 2-0 lead in the series, Amla said every game was important to the team, and to their winning culture, and some of the players still had something to prove.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?