Amre to be Geoff Marsh`s deputy in Pune Warriors
Mohali: Former India player Praveen Amre is all set to become the assistant coach of IPL debutants Sahara Pune Warriors.
Amre will be the Indian face of the coaching staff that is headed by former Australia coach Geoff Marsh and former England all-rounder Dermott Reeve.
"Praveen has been on of the finest among the upcoming crop of Indian coaches. He has enjoyed a lot of success with the Mumbai Ranji Trophy team as well as India A team. He is a dedicated coach and will be a good addition to our team of support staff," a Pune Warriors official informed.
Amre, who has played 11 Tests and 37 ODIs for India in the early 90`s, has earlier coached the Mumbai Indians team during the second edition of IPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire