Amul comes out in support of ‘struggling’ Tendulkar
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The critics might have been pitching for the Little Master’s retirement, but Amul in its recent ad campaign has backed the legend.
The ad has the Amul mascot girl, sporting white cricket attire walking alongside the battling stalwart while offering a butter coated bread slice. The ad reads: ‘C’mon, Ten duel kar, phir drool kar!’
Ever since he scored the much-awaited 100th ton against Bangladesh earlier this year, Tendulkar hasn’t been in the best of form and critics had questioned his footwork in the home Test series India played against New Zealand. He was bowled in most of the innings and clearly lacked confidence.
Tendulkar has been struggling in the ongoing series against England as well. He scored 8 runs in both the innings at Wankhede Stadium, his home ground in the second Test.
The batting stalwart who is eight short of becoming the first cricketer to play 200 Tests, has not reached the three-figure-mark since the Cape Town match against South Africa in January 2011. Since then, he has played 15 Tests, and 28 innings, without a century.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'