Anderson ‘fuming’ over being omitted for third and final Test of Windies series
London: England cricketer James Anderson is fuming over his enforced absence from this week’s Edgbaston Test against the West Indies.
Anderson will now reappear as England’s frontline bowler in the first Investec Test against South Africa in seven weeks time.
“Nobody would volunteer to be left out of this side, who knows what may happen in the future with injury or loss of form?” The Telegraph quoted Anderson, as saying.
Though Anderson agreed with the rotation of bowlers to extend their careers, only when they are tired or injured, he said neither applied to him at present.
“It would be different if I felt fatigued, or was struggling with an injury. But I believe I am fit to play, and while I am fit to play, I want to play in every England game I can,” he said.
Geoff Miller, the national selector, confirmed Anderson’s absence in the English team ahead of the Tests.
“James will miss this Test as we look to manage his workload ahead of a busy period of cricket this summer and beyond. It is a decision which is in the best interests of the team and James himself,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- DNA: Govt claims no power shortage, but India looms in darkness
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination