Anderson survives injury scare ahead of series against Windies
London: England pacer James Anderson survived an injury scare in his first County Championship appearance of the season for Lancashire.
Anderson gave England a scare ahead of their three-Test series against the West Indies, which starts at Lord’s in a fortnight, when he was sent to hospital for X-rays after suffering a couple of blows to his right thumb while in the field.
An X-ray revealed his right thumb was bruised but not broken.
He returned to Old Trafford and bowled a further seven overs before going off twice more. Anderson finished with 0-23 from 17 overs.
His England teammate Stuart Broad could be in trouble after exchanging words with Lancashire players and umpire Steve Gale after being given out caught at short-leg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!