Andhra Cricket Association condoles death of Deshmukh
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) today condoled the death of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh and said he worked for development of the game in his capacity as MCA President a BCCI office-bearer.
ACA President D V Subba Rao, Secretary Gokaraju Gangaraju and other members conveyed their deep condolences to the family members of Deshmukh, who passed away in a Chennai hospital.
Rao said Deshmukh, a former Maharashtra Chief Minister, was a reputed politician and closely connected with cricket. He worked for development of the game as President of Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA).
"Mr Vilasrao Deshmukh was an excellent administrator. He was very fond of cricket and was a regular at cricket matches played in Mumbai," Gangaraju said.
Deshmukh was also Chairman of the BCCI`s Media Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video