Andhra Cricket Association condoles death of Deshmukh
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) today condoled the death of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh and said he worked for development of the game in his capacity as MCA President a BCCI office-bearer.
ACA President D V Subba Rao, Secretary Gokaraju Gangaraju and other members conveyed their deep condolences to the family members of Deshmukh, who passed away in a Chennai hospital.
Rao said Deshmukh, a former Maharashtra Chief Minister, was a reputed politician and closely connected with cricket. He worked for development of the game as President of Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA).
"Mr Vilasrao Deshmukh was an excellent administrator. He was very fond of cricket and was a regular at cricket matches played in Mumbai," Gangaraju said.
Deshmukh was also Chairman of the BCCI`s Media Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'