Andhra thrash Goa by 170 runs
Goa: Andhra Pradesh produced a brilliant allround display to hand over hosts Goa a humiliating 170-run defeat in the south zone encounter of the Vijay Hazare National One Day Championship here today.
Sent into bat, Andhra posted a challenging 261 for six in their stipulated 50 overs with opener K S Bharat cracking a strokeful 125, containing 13 fours, and B Sumanth hitting a run-a-ball 45, which was laced with three fours.
The Andhra bowlers then returned to decimate the home team, dismissing them for a paltry 91 in just 25.4 overs.
KS Shahbuddin and B Sudhakar picked up three wickets each, while P Vijay Kumar and A G Praveen took two each to complete the victory for Andhra.
Such was the domination of the Andhra bowlers that only three batsmen -- R U shukla (13), Shadab Jakati (16) and B A Mangaldas (17) could reach double figures in a dismal batting performance by Goa.
Andhra: 261 for six in 50 overs (K S Bharat 125; SS yadav 2/61)
Goa: 91 all out in 25.4 overs (B Mangaldas 17; B Sudhakar 3/10).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India