Andhra thrash Goa by 170 runs
Goa: Andhra Pradesh produced a brilliant allround display to hand over hosts Goa a humiliating 170-run defeat in the south zone encounter of the Vijay Hazare National One Day Championship here today.
Sent into bat, Andhra posted a challenging 261 for six in their stipulated 50 overs with opener K S Bharat cracking a strokeful 125, containing 13 fours, and B Sumanth hitting a run-a-ball 45, which was laced with three fours.
The Andhra bowlers then returned to decimate the home team, dismissing them for a paltry 91 in just 25.4 overs.
KS Shahbuddin and B Sudhakar picked up three wickets each, while P Vijay Kumar and A G Praveen took two each to complete the victory for Andhra.
Such was the domination of the Andhra bowlers that only three batsmen -- R U shukla (13), Shadab Jakati (16) and B A Mangaldas (17) could reach double figures in a dismal batting performance by Goa.
Andhra: 261 for six in 50 overs (K S Bharat 125; SS yadav 2/61)
Goa: 91 all out in 25.4 overs (B Mangaldas 17; B Sudhakar 3/10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'