Andhra thrash Goa by 170 runs
Goa: Andhra Pradesh produced a brilliant allround display to hand over hosts Goa a humiliating 170-run defeat in the south zone encounter of the Vijay Hazare National One Day Championship here today.
Sent into bat, Andhra posted a challenging 261 for six in their stipulated 50 overs with opener K S Bharat cracking a strokeful 125, containing 13 fours, and B Sumanth hitting a run-a-ball 45, which was laced with three fours.
The Andhra bowlers then returned to decimate the home team, dismissing them for a paltry 91 in just 25.4 overs.
KS Shahbuddin and B Sudhakar picked up three wickets each, while P Vijay Kumar and A G Praveen took two each to complete the victory for Andhra.
Such was the domination of the Andhra bowlers that only three batsmen -- R U shukla (13), Shadab Jakati (16) and B A Mangaldas (17) could reach double figures in a dismal batting performance by Goa.
Andhra: 261 for six in 50 overs (K S Bharat 125; SS yadav 2/61)
Goa: 91 all out in 25.4 overs (B Mangaldas 17; B Sudhakar 3/10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate