Andrew Strauss and Alastair Cook in 5,000 club
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Nottingham: England openers Andrew Strauss and Alastair Cook put together 89 runs in their opening stand against West Indies to become only the fifth partnership in Test history to have put on more than 5,000 runs together.
The duo achieved the feat in England’s nine-wicket victory against the Windies in the second Test at Trent Bridge on Monday.
The other duos to have achieved the feat are West Indies` Gordon Greenidge and Desmond Haynes, Australia`s Matthew Hayden and Justin Langer, India`s Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar and Sri Lanka`s Mahela Jaywardene and Kumar Sangakkara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH